Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Baby friendly banana pancakes

3 small bananas
2 Tbsp. unsalted butter
1/2 cup of applesauce
1 cup of soymilk (milk, water, liquid of some sort)
2 eggs
2 cup oats
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
1 T flaxseeds (optional)


Blend ingridients in a blender until smooth. Heat up a griddle or skillet on medium-high heat. Spray generously with cooking oil. Drop 1/4 cup of batter onto the griddle or skillet until bubbles begin to form and then flip pancakes.

I modified this from a recipe in The King Arthur Flour Whole Grain Baking Cookbook so that my kids could eat it! Husband approved

2 comments:

  1. I made these this morning (adding 1 tsp of vanilla) and they are HEAVEN!!! The nutmeg and flax seeds make them outstanding. I added up the calories and 3 pancakes have only 203 calories! (but they're mostly carbs, so you might want to eat a hard boiled egg with them to make it a complete breakfast). Great recipe -- super easy and everyone loved them! YAY!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oops -- checked my calorie count again and they have 227 (I forgot to include the eggs). I used Pam to cook them so there was no added calories there. I just dusted with powdered sugar. I'm tempted to eat more because I can smell them on the plate next to me hehe

    ReplyDelete